5 Effective Ways to Deal With Thinning Hair
Thinning hair is a hair issue tht affects both men and women. When we talk of thinning hair, it simply refers to hair that gradually lose its volume and thickness which might progress to hairloss. It can actually cause distress to one who is experiencing it.
It is very normal to lose hair every day because we lose about 50 – 100 strands of hair in a day as old hair falls out, and new hair regrows from the same hair follicles. However, anything more than that is considered abnormal and can be due to hair thinning hair,
Thinning hair doesn’t necessarily cause baldness on the scalp but it may cause the hair on your scalp to look sparser than it would normally look.
Finding out the real reason why your hair is thinning on time is quite easy because thinning hair happens gradually
Causes of Thinning Hair
1. Scalp Microinflammations: Microinflammations on the scalp are mild inflammations of the scalp which contribute to hair thinning and hair loss. These inflammations happens when the skin around the hair follicles becomes irritated, inflamed and weakens the hair root
2. Stress: going through stress especially chronic stress can trigger you stress hormones to kill off new hairs that are trying to grow.
3. Making tight hairstyles: any hairstyle that puts tension on your scalp can forcibly pull and tug on your hair and break it from the follicles, leading to thin patches over time.
4. Heat/chemical damage: treating your hair with excess chemical or heat e.g color treatments, perms, and relaxers can cause your hair to thin out.
5. Aging: thinning hair mostly occurs as one gets older.
Can hair grow back after thinning?
Depending on what caused the thinning hair, it can actually grow back especially if the cause is non genetic but if it’s caused by genetics, it may not grow back on its own except with the help of extra and intense treatment.
How long will it take to grow back my thinning hair?
It all depends o the underlying cause. It may take more or lesser time to grow your hair back but all you have to do is to be patient with the process.
5 Tips for Treatment of Thinning Hair
1. Scalp massage: Performing a gentle scalp massage using hair growth oils or essential oil help promote blood flow on the scalp which in turn may encourage hair to grow and provide extra benefits.
2. Avoid stress: as mentioned earlier, stress can shock the hair follicles and alter your hair growth process. Avoid stress as much as possible especially when you’re trying to grow back your hair.
3. Avoid tight hairstyles: I don’t see any reason why anyone would still wear hairstyles that’ll cause them pain. The tension these tight hairstyles put on your scalp might end damaging your hair follicles and it’ll become very difficult for your hair heal and bounce back. Choose your hair stylist wisely.
4. Keep your scalp healthy and clean: scalp care is very important as they say, hair grows from a clean scalp. If you’re the type that suffers dandruff or your scalp gets very dry quickly, use an anti dandruff shampoo like OLEENA ORGANICS NATURAL LICE AND DANDRUFF SHAMPOO to wash your scalp, also oil your scalp to avoid dryness on your scalp.
5. Cut down on chemicals or heat: infact, avoid heat or chemical when trying to grow back your thinning hair to avoid further damage or slow down your healing process.
Visit our Instagram page for more here